Pre & Post Care
What you need to know before your appointment and about eyelash extension aftercare.
- Please arrive on time to your appointment with clean lashes free of any mascara, eyeliner and shadow.
- Avoid wearing any sunscreen, eye creams or any other moisturizers that might prevent the under eye gel pad from adhering to your skin.
- Avoid caffeine and turn off or silence all devices when arriving to your appointment. This will allow you to fully relax and enjoy your lash treatment.
- Use the restroom before your appointment.
- New clients please arrive 5-10 minutes early to your appointment to fill out our Client Consent Form.
- Eyelash extensions are not one-size fits all; therefore your first appointment will start with a consultation to make sure we are choosing the right length, lash diameter, curl and shape to ensure that we are safely using extensions that compliment your natural lashes and eye shape.
- Avoid getting your eyelash extensions wet for 24 hours after application.
- Do clean your eyelash extensions with a diluted mixture of baby shampoo and warm water.
- Use the lash wand to gently brush your eyelash extensions and use a microfiber wand or makeup brush to gently clean your lashes.
- Avoid the use of products and eye makeup removers that contain solvent-like ingredients like alcohol and glycols and oils, as they can reduce the wear time of your new lashes.
- Avoid sleeping on your face and avoid pulling, picking or twisting your eyelash extensions. This can cause damage to your natural lashes and may lead to premature shedding of your extensions.
- Use only recommended mascara on your extensions when needed in between fills. Do not use waterproof mascara.
- Visit Lashes by Laynia for touch-ups every 3 weeks or when you notice about 50% of your lash extensions have shed or grown out.